CA-BDF-Line ???

It will be awhile, it’s in a area called the arctic circle by the locals it runs from Big Bear to just before the ski resort, it’s a steep and nasty piece of country, not surprised they are not putting crews in that area…

5 Likes

Activity is picking up were Bear Creek hits the Santa ana.

Screenshot_20240929-123701~2

4 Likes

AA and a Lead up over the fire, looks like they might start dropping tankers again soon.

3 Likes

She’s really cranking now. Kind of reminds me of the Apple Fire in how she looks right now. Could get a lot worse, unfortunately. Because the reality is that most of that area has not burned in a long long long time. The overgrowth is extremely dense. I suggested as much a few weeks ago that this particular area would be a point of concern moving forward.

4 Likes

Is this in Div U? The Lead Plane is down in that area.

13:21 Two LATs taking off from SBD. Tanker 15 and 41.

2 Likes

Aligned with slope & wind

4 Likes

add tnk 910…vlat…over fire now

1 Like

Looking at the Ops map everything looks to be inside the lines still.

3 Likes

BDU Just sent a strike team and crews. From what I was told there is no line on this part of the fire.

2 Likes

Based on aircraft flight patterns, kinda looks like its moving up the Santa Ana River drainage not Bear Creek

2 Likes

Very few fires I know of that ever bounced back to explosive activity after being snowed on. The Line Fire’s tenacity is in the league of it’s own.

3 Likes

It didn’t snow everywhere, didn’t even rain on it everywhere

4 Likes

The Line Fire has been rained on several times throughtout its burn.

2 Likes

Don’t have to tell me, I was there: it didn’t rain everywhere on the fire. And 1000 hr fuels that are already burning don’t care about a little intermittent precipitation, they will just take it and keep on going.

13 Likes

Looking from Lucerne Valley

4 Likes

Desert and Keller view

4 Likes

It came out from below AO and has crossed the SA drainage. Now moving along the Eastern flank of the finger that ran up to Bluff lake through Clark’s Grade. Will test contingency lines and the fuels reduction along the the main rise running East to the resorts. Should have a decent chance of holding it there. I’m more concerned about the continued growth from AO down to SA and East towards Seven Oaks. That could determine if this a few days issue or weeks issue.

4 Likes

Capping out…

ALERTCalifornia - Rincon del Diablo S

2 Likes

Evacuation order for the community of seven oaks

6 Likes

From the comments the other day when it made a run and it was said it was within their containment lines and no risk to today and they have a vlat on it, must have some significant threat to their containment lines all of a sudden now.

3 Likes