CA-BDF-Line

State ID: CA
3 letter designator: BDF
Fire name: Baseline
Reported acres: 5
Rate of spread: rapid
Report on Conditions: running uphill in light to medium fuels, potential for 50 acres.
Structure threat: not currently
Resources: BDU, BDF, 1LEAD, AA12, T16, T72, T73, T162, HT7CH
Hazards:
Weather: SCE Small Canyon WX
SCE Cone Canyon Road WX
Radio channels: R5 TAC3
Scanner link: BIG BEAR - BALDWIN LAKE - LIVE SCANNER
San Bernardino County Fire - Valley Live Audio Feed
Webcam link: Dunlap Acres 1
San Timoteo 1
Little Mountain 2
Running Springs 2
Agency Website:

8 Likes

i think this is BDF?

1 Like

Looks to be BDC burning towards BDF.

2 Likes

The fire has spotted across the canyon and is wind slope aligned burning into the BDF.

8 Likes

ordering point in IROC is BDF.

3 Likes

Mapped at 172 acres, looks to be moderating a bit.

4 Likes

5 Likes

ABC7 just did a hit and the fire is getting into heavier fuels now.

7 Likes

237 acres.

5 Likes

#LineFire in Highland has issued an evacuation warning for the East Highland area including the neighborhoods E/O Church St, N/O Highland Ave. Also, the neighborhood E/O Weaver, N/O Greenspot to the Iron Bridge

@sbcountysheriff

@SanBernardinoNF

https://x.com/CALFIREBDU/status/1831960859645722833

3 Likes

Last IR a few minutes ago showed 1,180 acres.

6 Likes

That land has not burned since the ‘03 Old Waterman Canyon Fire. Expect Apple / El Dorado Fire-like behavior.

3 Likes

Bridge Fire
Edit, Bridge fire was slightly west of this
Post fire flooding was intense

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-BDF-Line ???

CALFIRE IMT 3 assigned due to no FED teams available.

7 Likes

That alignment at this hour in that bowl is very distressing. Old City Creek Road will not hold the line. This thing is behaving much like El Dorado did. Running Springs, Fedalba, Smiley Park should be on alert because this thing has nothing but miles of fuel ahead of it.

I suspect it could also go up the back end of Harrison Mountain tonight. Nothing’s burned up there in 21 years, plenty of overgrowth.

14 Likes

You are absolutely correct about 1N09/Old City Creek Rd not holding if the fire gets there tomorrow. More prep would be nice there, but likely not fruitful. A silver lining to this strong high pressure is the intermittent East winds slowing the progression to the North and East giving some time for contingency planning on the Mtn Top? I’m also very concerned about it crossing Santa Ana drainage and threatening Angeles Oaks. The threats to AO and the Mtn Top is very real in the next couple of days. Then my eyes would turn towards Bear creek and the greater Santa Ana watershed. I don’t want to be doom and gloom, but with the Wx on hand and resource drawdown things don’t look favorable. Let’s pray for a miracle tonight and tomorrow.

8 Likes

Let’s also add this to the mix

From NWS San Diego AFD

13 Likes

I saw that AA-51 mapped it sometime last night around 3,800 acres. I don’t know what time that was taken.

5 Likes

Extended frequencies assigned to BDF-Line today

Air Tactics FM - 168.3375
Air Grounds x2 - 169.100 and 169.0875
Rotor Vic - 120.475

2 Likes