CA-BDF-Radford??

Is command still on forest net?

Seems like the fire has now hit the retardant they’ve been painting the ridge with for a while? All the columns have calmed down except for the easternmost. 1h 15 mins ago versus now:

2 Likes

Need wiper blades on these!

6 Likes

Can you say Lake fire in slow motion? Order a type 2 team, then two days later a type 1 team. With all the values at risk, not even being at the fire, it comes out at a type 1 complexity. But hey I am not the Agency Administrator that makes those decisions.

4 Likes

VLAT going in for a drop behind those trees. So far looks like they’ve kept it in the drainage.

9 Likes

Are these the snow making water cannons at Bear Mtn?

2 Likes

Yes, been operating for quite a while.

1 Like

Looks like it, both Bear mnt and Snow Summit have theirs going.

3 Likes

Yes, those are snow canons.

1 Like

The left red zone is below Snow Summit the right one is below Bear Mountain.
Current Evac Zones.

4 Likes

Sounds weird to say this but hopefully the forecast for the incoming hurricane helps out. Looks like it will bring some good moisture thru the areas that have large fires currently.

6 Likes

The problem will be the winds before the rain arrives

7 Likes

I was on a fire in RRU in the 90’s at Gilman Springs. It was kicking our butts while engaged in a huge firing op and structure protection until the remnants of a hurricane came thru and put t fire dead out. Thought we were gonna go from firefighting to sand bagging in a matter of a half hour. Let’s hope for precip!

10 Likes

Looking at Radford a few ago from Baldwin lake…

6 Likes

Yikes. Be safe Guys. Any pending orders for this?

4 Likes

If I had a nickel for every time someone said “pending orders???” I’d be a rich individual. Of course there’s pending orders!

11 Likes

I was at South Ops working Southern aircraft that days. MVU broke a new fire before that stormed arrived. Ended up ordering swift water rescue teams after that storm departed for fire crews trapped by mud and fire debris.Crazy weather that afternoon.

4 Likes

View this morning from Bear Mountain Ski Resort

7 Likes
2 Likes

A little earlier they were laying a bit of retardant on the downhill side. I wasn’t quick enough on the screen capture so the red line is mine showing where they dropped. Unsure if they dropped any to the left of this. Anticipatory of this thing getting a more of a downhill influence this afternoon?

2 Likes