CA-BDF-Radford??

Yikes. Be safe Guys. Any pending orders for this?

4 Likes

If I had a nickel for every time someone said “pending orders???” I’d be a rich individual. Of course there’s pending orders!

11 Likes

I was at South Ops working Southern aircraft that days. MVU broke a new fire before that stormed arrived. Ended up ordering swift water rescue teams after that storm departed for fire crews trapped by mud and fire debris.Crazy weather that afternoon.

4 Likes

View this morning from Bear Mountain Ski Resort

7 Likes
2 Likes

A little earlier they were laying a bit of retardant on the downhill side. I wasn’t quick enough on the screen capture so the red line is mine showing where they dropped. Unsure if they dropped any to the left of this. Anticipatory of this thing getting a more of a downhill influence this afternoon?

2 Likes

@Firedude52 , this one? Courtsey of doo hickey, socalmountains.com

3 Likes

The date on your picture with no fire is from 2021, the camera is not functioning.

2 Likes

Other views have been posted with snow making equipment operating. I just wonder how much water they have stored in the system.

2 Likes

A whole lakes worth

4 Likes

Could very well have been :wink: Looks spot on.

1 Like

Did the air show get smoked out?

Not sure if got smoked out or diverted to north. lots of aircraft ordered for the mosquito and now a new start in MMU that is going big quick.

1 Like

I was watching before everything blew up up north and the only thing I saw was some copters and an AA flying for while and from the cams it looked like the smoke laid down.

1 Like

looks like they did well today on the fire. Earlier todeay retardant drops were made on the downslope side next to the ski slopes. Now looks to again this evening have a bit of a downslope influence, I don’t know what AC they might still have besides a few copters being we now have a couple huge other fires going fighting for air resources.

2 Likes

It appears they are getting rain over the fire this morning.

8 Likes

Tanker 164 is over the fire again this afternoon.

1 Like

Anyone else having issues with getting the iap for this incident on the ftp server?

@Firing-out its not posted on the ftp. Generally speaking fed incidents dont post them. Here and there they do. I cant make sense of which teams do and which ones dont but i would say dont count on it. They will have a password protected site for the IAP.

2 Likes

Team 11 uses their own private site for posting IAP’s, it is password protected and can only be accessed by the QR code with the password.

4 Likes