CA-BEU-River???

Report of a new start in the area on San benancio Road, IC sending LG engines to investigate.
Location of this report is just over the hill above the River incident

MMU Strike Team to cover BEU just diverted to fire code 3. Looks like it is picking up. Weather getting hotter and drier.

1 Like

1 Like

From Chualar Canyon

1 Like

Crossed and well established across pine canyon. Large resource order for tomorrow, anyone catch it?

Fire making strong southward runs, 15-20’ flame lengths, structures threatened. Appears to be at least 1000 acres now

2 Likes

5 Likes

Compounded by the fact that there is virtually no recorded fire history in this area, this has very high potential to become a full-scale conflagration based on the abundance of fuel in that area.

3 Likes

That whole Sierra De Salinas range has some very tall and dry brush compounded by the weather we are having no bueno… especially when and if the ripping north winds that usually hit around the afternoon start to surface 20 mph-usually sustained gusts to 30

1 Like

The afternoon winds blow in the valley. I remember playing baseball and when the wind was blowing you have to power hit just to get to center field.

1 Like

The fire is on the other side of the 101. Your point about fuels is still valid but the red circle area gives inaccurate info.

4 Likes

You guys are right about the typical winds. However we are in a highly atypical pattern right now. No marine layer or fog. It’s hot at the coast and mid 90s in Salinas. It’s fuels and topography at moment though it’s almost impossible for mw winds not to move down the valley, the drainages up Pine Canyon are fairly well protected from the sea breeze winds.

1 Like

Oh you’re completely right! I thought the camera was viewing the hillside northeast of the 101 but the fire is significantly closer to the webcam. My apologies!

1 Like

Has a location for ICP been established?

Toro Park starting tomorrow morning

IAP for today?

North west and southeast

its in the initial attack thread

Dang… Posted the question on the wrong fire somehow…

Sorry about that.

Fog of war

1 Like