CA-BTU-Dixie?

Left there about a hour and a half ago…smoked in all the way from Chester to almost Red Bluff…

2 Likes

FWIW - TNKR912 is southbound from Medford as I’m typing. We’ll see which one of the conflagrations it heads to …

3 Likes

FR24 is sending me an ADS-B receiver for here in Chester, which will arrive just a tad bit late to help monitor flying on this fire (of which there hasn’t been any from Chester - the SEATs and the Air Attack left five days ago for a fire up by Alturas, the smoke blew in while they were gone, so they diverted to Reno/ Truckee and haven’t been back). For future fires that aren’t completely smoking us, in thus allowing aerial fire fighting from Chester, it’ll help.

9 Likes

That would be awesome! Sometimes I could see consistent data points and see where they were dropping, sometimes not.

Can see a double headers from Maxwell on I-5

5 Likes

Private contractor survey? Fireguard or similar? Came out of McClellan. Edit: Tail # search returns “Cloud Splitter” or “Courtney Aviation”.

1 Like

https://courtneyaviation.com/

5 Likes

Thanks! I was still stuck on trying to search Cloud Splitter without much luck.

1 Like

lol I was too and ran across several corporate records saying the company was defunct. But the corporate officer of record is now the president of Courtney Aviation so they’re related.

2 Likes

Evacuation warning was upgraded to an order for the Butte Meadows area. Sounds like things are heating up in Division 5. Does anyone have details? What was the trigger point for expanding the evacuations? My scanner is no longer picking up most of the incident traffic, if anyone happens to have the current frequencies in use for that Division I would be grateful- I know the comm plan has been constantly changing. I have family in that area.

3 Likes

Latest 2 hour satellite loop.
chrome-capture (14)

4 Likes

https://buttecountygis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html

Comm plan from today’s IAP - 7/23/21

7 Likes

I see the command channels are duplex (use repeaters), tac are simplex (no repeater). Do you know if the repeater freqs make it to the valley for someone to scan and spin up broadcastify feed(s)?

Colby and Bald Mtn should.

23 July 16:05 haven’t heard any tankers flying from Chico and don’t see any on FlightRadar24. Whats up with that? The plume and Pyro Cloud are visible through the smoke here in the valley so I can see it’s blowing. Any comments on why no Air Ops?

Visibility most likely. The East Quincy cam pretty much tells the story on the East side.
East Quincy

3 Likes

Poor visibility most likely. If an air attack can’t see it can’t direct drops. If tankers can’t see them they can’t drop
In other words ….safety.

2 Likes

I’ve had Colby and Bald in my scancal.org live scanner ever since they stood them up, and I’m not hearing either in Red Bluff, on a legit RX setup. Not sure if my antenna is compromised (doubtful but no bandwidth to troubleshoot at the moment), or if the power level is just too low or antenna setup is favoring south and not fully omni. I’m shocked I am not getting Colby. I’ll troubleshoot a bit tonight if I get a sec.

3 Likes

What is the Dixie/Fly doing to the railroad infrastructure?