CA-BTU-Dixie?

Try the Visitor Map app from USFS on the platform of your choice. Let me know if that gives you what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Best bet might be quads… Usually you can get some here: TNM Download v2
or
here: USDA Forest Service FSGeodata Clearinghouse - FSTopo Map Products

I haven’t been able to find the SPI maps referenced a few times in scanner chatter, but these show some of the roads mentioned that are closer to 70 and in the Plumas NF.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd614063.html

Go up tp Pyrogeograpy’s map links at about 6 hours now . Those maps are helpful. I used control F to seacrh for 300U and found it around Merlin.

3 Likes

Dropped pin

Here is a Google Map Pin Drop of the 300 U just South of Lynch Meadows Rd

2 Likes

Google map overlay works great for me

1 Like

Thanks! That one I have been able to find, but I appreciate the help. The 300 U Line does appear on most maps, but the U9 and something E referenced by air attack earlier are what I haven’t been able to locate. Do you have a source for maps with those little offshoot roads?

And now a new start, 3 acres off Old Skyway in Paradise to add to resource draw. T93 taking action.
Cross is Bader Mine Rd, power lines down.

1 Like

Link from Pyrogeography

use the find function (ctrl +F) to search

2 Likes

Tanker 93, Tanker 96 diverted to Siskiyou.

1 Like

I think they just said forward progress stopped on this one… whew.

Perhaps overheard the TGU fire? I’m not sure they would say that here.

2 Likes

They said they were going to have to use the same freq’s when the fire in Paradise was dispatched… confusing tho. And I sure hope I heard what I think I heard… Paradise has had enough already!

I heard them say the same thing and I think it was in realtion to the other start that was a 1/4 acre

2 Likes

The Bader fire is out. Small fire in Paradise. Tanker 93 took action while passing over it. Back to the Dixie fire here please. The Dixie fire is still obviously active.

5 Likes

http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html?camera=Axis-FleaMtn&v=fd40729

Pretty clear forward progress has not been stopped.

5 Likes

@H2ODog - the Bader is a separate fire from the Dixie; it was on the same freq. tho.
“We” shouldn’t have co-mingled :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Note the weather data now overlayed on the Flea, Jarbo, and Concow alertwildfire cameras. Should be helpful for more realtime situational awareness.

6 Likes

Just make sure you know they are for reference only. Remember they are on mountain tops or other points of vantage and they may not be properly representing the area you are in.

4 Likes

SPI maps are not public. You can usually find their major haul roads but the minor roads are not going to be in any maps available online. BTU has done a great job getting the info onto our MDC in the fire engines so that we know where we are, but there is no way to get that information off the computer that I know of.

4 Likes