CA-BTU-Dixie?

Just saw this Facebook post > Karla K Larsson

Admin

· 7 mins ·

8/5/2021 @ 11:41 AM: Dixie Fire Scanner: All units on Division Juliette disengage and go to a safe zone. The fire is making a run.

My home is near the St Bernard Lodge. Are there any current maps or info available? Last we saw, maps indicated our home was surrounded on 3 sides by fire. Wetland in front, neighbor with spring-fed sprinklers going to the east and a small meadow to the north. Nano fraction of hope for awhile lol
I sure feel for these guys … this thing is a beast

2 Likes

I hear them , working hard.

3 Likes

Way west of my home, which means it’s burned past my home :frowning: … That seems to be the area of the Deer Creek Lodge and mobile home park
And thank you!

1 Like

Looking NW towards Taylorsville

1 Like

Mandatory Evac of Taylorsville, including N Arm Road, N Valley Road, and Diamond Mtn Road as of 11:59 PM. Fire appears to have crested Keddie Ridge and showing very active fire behavior on the east. Fire also appears to be pushing back south towards Crescent Mills along Cherokee Mine Road alignment.

3 Likes

It blew over the ridge and spots are being pulled back into the main fire.

2 Likes

Yep, I am watching it. Looks to be in the drainage north of Homer Lake from what I can tell.

3 Likes

Lassen Park Volcanic NP closed this morning. All campers were told to leave to the north (Hwy 44).

3 Likes

This online scanner seems to now be focused on Dixie from the Lassen Co side.

Lassen County Fire & EMS (broadcastify.com)

Nice to have the linkage (finally)

1 Like

Discussion on The 1910 fire moved to General Discussion

4 Likes

Got a chance to talk with Carly Gomez at Channel 10 about the Dixie Fire.
Check it out, here:

19 Likes

looks like it gonna bump the 1989 Eagle fire scar.

1 Like

Honest question, how much of a scar is that at this point?

4 Likes

Watched that last night. Very good info and explained in a way that most people can understand. Nice job Zeke!

3 Likes

yeah good, point.

1 Like

Not familiar with the area but is the Indian Ridge cam looking right at Mountain Meadow Reservoir??? Looking at the smoke column north of the lake is Westwood and looks to be poised to run right through it…if not there already.

ALERTWildfire | Shasta Modoc

This is Round Valley Reservoir looking towards Greenville.

2 Likes

Believe I just heard that thunder was reported from the plume, which isn’t terribly surprising given that plume echo tops are somewhere around 28k feet on radar and conditions are pretty unstable

1 Like

https://weathernode.net/flir

1 Like

Mt Meadows (or as the locals call it Walker lake) is on the other side of that column. You can see Round Valley Res in that pic. Westwood was told to evacuate.

4 Likes