CA-BTU-Dixie?

Good to hear…

The East Zone has created this useful website that consolidates a lot of the different fire information resources, maps, video updates etc.

10 Likes

They started the grizzly ridge contingency again

3 Likes

Good to hear…

3 Likes

The air show is really getting going up around Janesville, not sure if this due to increased fire activity or they are just taking advantage of good visibility

2 Likes

Just saw a few retardant drops on the hills above Janesville.

3 Likes

https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-17&sec=full_disk&x=13250&y=3004&z=4&angle=0&im=12&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=170&motion=loop&maps[borders]=white&lat=0&p[0]=geocolor&opacity[0]=1&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=0&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&draw_color=FFD700&draw_width=6

180 degree wind shift on the Dixie

4 Likes

So eerie watching this footage that’s a perfect recasting of the infamous Eagle Fire burnover with newer equipment. This video is shot within a mile or two of the Eagle Fire accident.
Why try to hold Highway 395, when Honey Lake is right there?

17 Likes

PyroG… that is a flashback! I was FBAN on the Eagle and it looks like the same picture I have in my mind from years ago…it has to be very near the same darned spot. Do we have to relearn the same lessons every generation ?

12 Likes

Flames visible on Hamilton Mountain Cam 1.

Can anyone tell me what the smoke column is that is showing north of Lake Almanor on the Butte Lake Webcam? Are they still firing out Hwy 36?

That Smoke is in the GENERAL area of Swain Mtn. Though a firing operation was completed along Hwy 36 from A13 to A21, there are still interior pockets no doubt. Modis still shows everything North of 36 until you get clear out toward Fredoyner/Goodrich Meadows.

1 Like

Thanks, I know they were talking about buttoning up the threat around the Lake. So, that may have been accomplished.

1 Like

The N/E winds have arrived. This will “test” the lines. We aren’t out of the woods yet, but things are looking better. Lots of difficult decisions made in the last month, both by the IMT and all the timber companies whose holdings have been significantly impacted.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Airbase Capabilities Fuel & Retardant

Big Air Ops around Buntingville and Milford. Any progress??? TNKR914, TNKR01 and a AA King Air.

1 Like

Fire appears to have slopped over the ridge at Beardsley Grade. It broke through the dozer lines on the ridge and is backing into Forman Ravine.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Airbase Capabilities Fuel & Retardant

Hamilton mountain went offline a few hours ago. One of the shake and bake tents came apart and a small fire was creeping towards the little building.
Screenshot_20210818-192341-700

5 Likes

7 Likes