CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

VLAT 910 en route from MCC

3 Likes

Hour ago

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Air Tanker Use

I think so. This brings the re emergence of the Dixie to mind.

10 Likes

They got both Vlats in before cutoff, just saw 911 was inbound to MCC also

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: US Air Force helping us in Wildland Aircraft Support.

Sharing your sadness. We live just west of the St Bernard on Hwy 36.

5 Likes

Haha was my exact words as I was talking to my captain when this thing blew back up

3 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Air Tanker Use

DP 46 to Highway 172 just discussed on the scanner

1 Like

Yes, firing op planned for tonight

3 Likes

Camera vectors (white lines) from Stover Mtn and Colby put the fire near DP-46 on Deer Creek Rim above Big Bend in Mill Creek.
Red fill is 17:30 perimeter. Purple is 15:30 perimeter, red outline is 8/4/24 - 20:45.

19 Likes

Thank you Zeke!

4 Likes

Was working between 41, up to 42, then 46 the better part of the day. It got ugly pretty quick. Moved everyone one back down to 41, or on L Line. This was at DP41 about 90 minutes later.

Shortly after that, the tankers arrived and made some drops as the now safety zone was improved.

23 Likes

I said it here a while ago, having worked in the Mill Creek drainage at least 4 times in my career, but Mill Creek drainage is a difficult fire environment area…steep, no access to motorized equipment, rocky, an alighted drainage, very long travel times, etc. Good luck!

4 Likes

0510 IR product overlayed on relief shading shows adjacent to the HWY 172 corridor, with a spot or burn show on 172. On Mineral Summit. Educated gues would be the latter.

Structure impacts in orange.

7 Likes

CalFire page shows 414K so about 10-12K acre increase from yesterday morning .

2 Likes

The fire keeps moving farther into the LNF , but no Fed team activated . Why not ?

2 Likes

Could it be because they are already in unified command with FS and have two teams and camps in place? That’s a real question not a statement btw.

7 Likes

From CalFire page. Park Fire | CAL FIRE

2 Likes