CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

They got both Vlats in before cutoff, just saw 911 was inbound to MCC also

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: US Air Force helping us in Wildland Aircraft Support.

Sharing your sadness. We live just west of the St Bernard on Hwy 36.

5 Likes

Haha was my exact words as I was talking to my captain when this thing blew back up

3 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Air Tanker Use

DP 46 to Highway 172 just discussed on the scanner

1 Like

Yes, firing op planned for tonight

3 Likes

Camera vectors (white lines) from Stover Mtn and Colby put the fire near DP-46 on Deer Creek Rim above Big Bend in Mill Creek.
Red fill is 17:30 perimeter. Purple is 15:30 perimeter, red outline is 8/4/24 - 20:45.

19 Likes

Thank you Zeke!

4 Likes

Was working between 41, up to 42, then 46 the better part of the day. It got ugly pretty quick. Moved everyone one back down to 41, or on L Line. This was at DP41 about 90 minutes later.

Shortly after that, the tankers arrived and made some drops as the now safety zone was improved.

23 Likes

I said it here a while ago, having worked in the Mill Creek drainage at least 4 times in my career, but Mill Creek drainage is a difficult fire environment area…steep, no access to motorized equipment, rocky, an alighted drainage, very long travel times, etc. Good luck!

4 Likes

0510 IR product overlayed on relief shading shows adjacent to the HWY 172 corridor, with a spot or burn show on 172. On Mineral Summit. Educated gues would be the latter.

Structure impacts in orange.

7 Likes

CalFire page shows 414K so about 10-12K acre increase from yesterday morning .

2 Likes

The fire keeps moving farther into the LNF , but no Fed team activated . Why not ?

2 Likes

Could it be because they are already in unified command with FS and have two teams and camps in place? That’s a real question not a statement btw.

7 Likes

From CalFire page. Park Fire | CAL FIRE

2 Likes

I just heard from a local. It was a burn. He said: " They back burned last night just across Mill Creek from the Hannah Ranch. They backfired top of Mineral Summit to Mill Creek along 172."

3 Likes

At the risk of going off topic (and not sending via a private message as this may help others!), I’ve found success with having a secondary browser that defaults to not loading images/videos/pop ups/any bandwidth thieves just for use in areas with limited connectivity.

I don’t have specific recommendations without knowing your device and operating system, but if you use Chrome or Safari, you might try Brave or Opera (or whatever else strikes your fancy) and turn off all the resource hogs. A lot of the time you can even import all your bookmarks and login information to the new app, which saves a ton of time when you’re an area with challenging coverage.

The images are a double edged sword, for sure — great for ‘moment in time’ intel for someone using the forums themselves for real time info (or historical browsing after the incident) but they definitely slow things down, too.

Stay safe out there!

16 Likes
3 Likes

Is there still no retardant allowed on the Forest or Creek Drainage? Water from Copters can take the heat out short term but in these conditions it drys out quickly. I have played that game in the middle Trinity drainage for days as well.

2 Likes