CA-BTU-PARK-2024???

Here is Cal Fire’s 16:00 IR in red, with yesterday morning’s perimeter in white.

Thanks to @ajohansson for the data link:

6 Likes

Heard what involving DP40?

2 Likes

Think he is referring to the hose order. Sounds like a good time :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ooooof that sounds horrid. Also, I’m not a mathematician. (See about 50 posts back for proof) but I don’t think you can pump that much hose :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s not a continuous hoselay. It’s connect the dots between roads in the road system.

5 Likes

It’s not finished yet. Taken from Hwy 32, 5 ago

5 Likes

View from the dirt track at basecamp.

3 Likes

Wow, really needed?

1 Like
3 Likes

Tonight’s Lookout Livestream takes a map-based tour of current developments on the #ParkFire, which is burning in the Lassen Foothills Region of Butte and Tehama Counties, Northern California. We also talk about how prescribed burning on Cohasset Ridge may have prevented greater losses in adjacent structures in Upper Cohasset, look at the history of forest management in Deer Creek and the Almanor Basin, talk about burning trees for energy generation, heckle the Forest Service for asking us to like them for putting out lightning fires in the middle of huge burn scars, and review current satellite imagery of the Park Fire to evaluate fire effects. https://youtube.com/live/ud4m0m1jCyk 8:00pm, 8/1/2024

6 Likes

All,

I am not a Mod but there are a few comments on this thread over the last few hours that run the risk of taking this somewhere that is really not the place to go under the current circumstances.

Let’s please avoid personal opinions and Monday morning quarterbacking of command personnel while we are still in the fight please.

15 Likes

Agreed, let’s stay on point people.
One mission one goal…

4 Likes

Burning with some intensity on the Colby Camera…is this firing or a run ?
https://cameras.alertcalifornia.org/?pos=40.0468_-121.5758_9&id=Axis-ColbyMtn2

2 Likes

Run in deer creek from what I can tell.

5 Likes

Chugging along this morning. Check Colby! It’ll be up early.

2 Likes

Yessir,
Here is last night’s IR - 21:45, with earlier IR in teal color from 16:00 and 9:45am.
Ran Dead Horse Creek out of Deer Creek west of the K-Line bridge and spotted into Mill.
Mill Creek was also active on both sides, and the large spot fire grew around Yellowjacket.
Back to the west in Antelope Creek, it looks like a lot of their direct attack has been holding.
There is also a Deadhorse Creek in Antelope Creek drainage. I guess it’s not an easy place to be a horse.

A little trivia - I did a quick calculation last night and found that about 315,000 acres of this 390,000 acre fire is grass, brush, or oak woodland.

16 Likes

Is there a reason the live ops briefing isn’t available on the butte county YouTube channel?

1 Like

It is but it’s super hard to find, I’m watching it right now and I can’t even remember how I found it:

4 Likes

Deer Creek portion of the fire looks active early, today.

11 Likes

From Bald Mt 2…

13 Likes