CA-BTU-THOMPSON ?

NWS is forecasting this for Oroville tonight.

Clear, with a low around 77. West northwest wind around 6 mph becoming east northeast in the evening.

3 Likes

Heading to the fire on a type 1 - can anyone assist with radio frequencies that are being used on this fire? We have no intel as of yet and we’re an hour out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

4 Likes

Structure Group has been Tac-9

5 Likes

Copy. To clarify: BTU Zone CDF Tac 9 ?

5 Likes

Only hearing that on scanner.

5 Likes

Looks like there putting this one out tonight. Will they decrease the initial resource order?

2 Likes

The people on this site are awesome, but please please please sync up with the comms shop or otherwise get this info from the appropriate party on the incident…

16 Likes

Where do you see that? That it’s going out tonight?

6 Likes

I totally agree and understand. Thanks. However we’ve been sent on many fires with no intel and I’ve acquired vital info from this site. So thanks to everyone. A lot of us active duty ff use this info to see what’s happening.

10 Likes

Hearing ICP will be at Chico Fairgrounds .

5 Likes

still pretty active

2 Likes

Don’t think so

From the Stringtown area

4 Likes

Agreed, hearing intel we aren’t? Looks pretty active still…

4 Likes

I don’t think so, praying for all the displaced people!!

3 Likes

Yes it was announced on Cal Fire 6pm briefing

4 Likes

Continuing the discussion from CA-BTU-THOMPSON ???:

Down canyon winds often spill over Lake Oroville and Oroville Dam in the early mornings of the hottest summer days. Sometimes they go unnoticed several hundred lower in elevation in the downtown area proper. (Personal Experience)

I expect there is a plan in place for all those resources that have been ordered.

For example; a contingency plan for the right flank should a surfacing down canyon wind create a third head on this fire.

Plenty of dozer work will get done overnight.

Relief of some of the initial attack so some can be rolled over to a particular assignment sooner rather than later to take advantage of local knowledge.

Probably a few miles of hose to be plumbed …

The list goes on and on…

Nothing released if guess correctly.

13 Likes

Night flying helo will be over it tonight.

12 Likes

Spotting across the Oroville Dam Flood Control Spillway and establishing on the other side was not on my bingo card, today.

4 Likes

Radio chatter earlier seems to suggest it was hung up at the penstock and they were getting a team in there to attempt tie in and fire it to have a good anchor point for north kelly ridge

2 Likes

Looks like they’re working helos after dark now.

Be interesting to see if they can finally do water drops on hotspots at night when the winds are down, to really jump on any isolated spotting.

5 Likes