CA-CNF-Holy???

Drones are being used

1 Like

Need to try all options

https://goo.gl/images/6fx1nh

1 Like

hope they donā€™t plan to use hydrogen to keep it aloft!

2 Likes

Theyā€™ll use hot airā€¦

2 Likes

At this rate you never know

Interesting idea, but that airship will be uncontrollable in the winds over a fire.

1 Like

Grass fires in open terrain. Do they need visibility on blimp to make drop? Is blimp remote access too? What about the mobilization time from report of fire? How much H2O does it carry? What is turn around? Operating costs? Does operator mobilize with equipment and what is their range? How does the operator keep comms with air attack? Is it effective under test trials? Lots of questions.

1 Like

No water, 24 hr oberservation. Fly out of March to whole state

Drones dont make drops -

2 Likes

I think we are talking about two different pieces of equipment. The link shows a hot air balloon with large tank for water suppression. Article talks about drone capabilities for monitoring by way of military. Both are outside the box but plausible in my humble opinion. Especially when we talk about human factors on the fireline and trying to mitigate firefighter safety on the ground (burnovers, falling trees, and rollovers).

Can we keep these threads on topic? Maybe actual fire conditions. All this speculation on how to run an incident and what kind of drone is flying around is getting annoying. Drones donā€™t drop water nor are they going to use a blimp.

20 Likes

Lol, right?!?!

1 Like

Thank you ā€¦Mods. Please moderate and advise certain users. Thank you and stay safeā€¦and on topic

5 Likes

This is the ā€œQuestions and Discussionā€ thread. It where these things are supposed to be discussed

5 Likes

About the Holy Incidentā€¦not blimps

5 Likes

:man_shrugging: Whatever. If you only want updates, only watch the Continuing Incident thread

1 Like

Will someone post a QR for the IAP, pz?

1 Like

Datdude,
I posted the OP map for today in the info thread on this incident. I have another one that is also an OP map labelled QR but it looks the same. I have an IAP index of maps but no actual written IAP. Anything sound appealing?

1 Like

Being unified command there may not be any public access to the IAP. Maps yes but the forest service is real picky about IAPs in public hands because of phone numbers.

4 Likes

Would it really be that difficult to issue a redacted IAP for public viewing?