CA-ENF-Caldor?

The info on the evac was just posted under under Initial Attacks

2 Likes

The information is on Inciweb. Itā€™s only a warning now, not an order. Iā€™m not surprised theyā€™ve issued it. If the fire makes it over the ridge to its north, and it doesnā€™t have far to go to do that, it will end up in the Steely Fork of the Cosumnes River, another steep drainage and again one that likely will be in alignment with the winds tomorrow. Grizzly Flats sits right above it with lots of houses on lots of very narrow streets. If the fire makes a run into that area, the situation will get very challenging in a hurry, particularly with the scarcity of resources right now.

3 Likes

I agree. Not to mention it has very few ways out and only one really practical way, a narrow one lane bridge that runs over Steely Fork. If that road is blocked you can head north to Mormon Emigrant or take Happy Valley, which would be a death trap in a fast moving fireā€¦

2 Likes

A recipe for disaster

2 Likes

http://www.alertwildfire.org/shastamodoc/index.html?camera=Axis-MtDanaher&v=fd40730

1 Like

pretty good column for 11 pmā€¦
http://beta.alertwildfire.org/region/tahoe/?camera=Axis-OmoRanch1
PS Slasherā€¦it is on the Tahoe cams

2 Likes

Several engines dispatched code 3 to the community of Grizzly Flat for structure protection. E349, E28, E25, E319, E2781, E338, E389, E7783.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Zone Haven Aware is not use in EDCā€¦ register here for EVAC notifications
El Dorado County Code Red:
(Https://ready.edso.org)
Amador County Code Red:
(Https://public.coderedweb.com/cne/en-us/bff76b488c09)

1 Like

Re-enforced response heading to Grizzly and the winds moving south to north. Life Priority taking precedents. Clear the Roads and listen to the the EVAC ORDER!
CALTOPO MAP

New Broadcastify radio channel was added in Omo Ranch to cover the #CaldorFire

Currently hearing Command and EDSO Evacuations.
Tomorrow we will be adding the Command, Tac and Air Frequencies after they are released.

6 Likes

Itā€™s currently snowing ASH in Pollock Pines.

Not sure where in Pollock you were getting the ash, but I live just west of downtown and everything was clear throughout the night, with no smell of smoke at all. Winds were calm and nothing on my vehicle when I left this morning at five. Good clear view of the fire from the highway and it appears the column is blowing to the Northeast, with most of the activity appearing to be both from the heel and the head.

1 Like

I wish El Dorado County and others like it would Commit to Zonehaven Aware Evacuation* program. Its been used successfully in many other counties and is a very clear reference for those that are having a hard time find the ā€œMOST RECENTā€ evacuation orders. #riverfire in Nevada and Placer used it successfully last week. Not many people kept asking for help on twitter or Facebook on where to find EVAC info. Zonehaven AWARE | Find your Evacuation Zone now

8 Likes

I agree. I wish Amador had it. People are panicking in Amador because they can see the fire well from long distances. The fire is East of most of the population of Amador thankfully (for Amador, but not ED)

3 Likes

http://www.alertwildfire.org/tahoe/?camera=Axis-MtDanaher
Reminiscent of the Power fire in 2006?ish?
I was driving to the Camino ECC and the entire southern skyline was black. As a side note, later that day, the Fredā€™s fire took off in Kyburz.
An ugly situation in ENF and AEU this morning.

1 Like

Last night NEU send 4 Engines immediate need to the fire. Not sure if they will meet up to form a ST laterā€¦?

Any news on Leoni Meadows Camp? I know they got Evacā€™d but did it survive?

2 Likes

XSA just punched out an IA T3 strike team

1 Like

I just watched the Danaher 15 minute loop, and on the extreme left side of the screen there is a tremendous amount of heat. It has traveled quite a ways overnight.

1 Like