CA-ENF-Caldor (Contained)

KML files filtered from 20210912 data package found here:
https://ftp.wildfire.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_n/!CALFIRE/!2021_Incidents/CA-ENF-024030_Caldor/GIS/IncidentData/20210912/

For import into CalTopo, Google Earth, etc. Can’t vouch for how accurate they keep the data vs what’s really on the ground.

Contained Line. There are 72 entries vs 67 yesterday:

Completed Dozer Line. There are 787 entries vs 778 yesterday:

Completed All Type Of Line. There are 1243 entries vs 1237 yesterday:

Planned All Type Of Line. There are 11 entries vs 19 yesterday:

Throw all the lines on a map, what do you get?
Black = Contained Line.
Blue = Completed All Type Of Line.
Purple = Planned All Type Of Line.

Perimeter line changes. This is just the area of the fire I see any changes.
Teal = both days.
Red = new today.

9 Likes

IR from 2317 last night. Blue lines indicate contained line “Blackline”, the color blue shows up better. There is no white (previous perimeter) lines as there was no spread to speak of. Clear areas do not indicate no heat, many reasons for heat not showing on IR runs. Only eyes on the ground can determine when it is safe to enter an area.

Looking south over Lower Echo Lake. They’ve mopped up 50’ in and are going for more. General area is cooling off.

Looking south over the basin. Last pic unless something changes which I doubt as most of it is blacklined and wind tested. They opened up the North Upper Truckee Rd to folks. Welcome back. Xmas Valley is the only large area that remains closed for the basin.

Looking north over the catchers mitt of open line. All spots have been ringed. Now they’re trying to connect the all the dozer line with the handlines. The lower blue area is the Caples fire from 2019.

Still some open line around Hwy 88, but they anticipate this turning into blackline in the next couple of days.

6 Likes

Xmas Valley opened up. Warning vs mandatory. Also most of SLT City goes green. No warning at all. Hwy 50 opened up to JEO Strawberry.

11 Likes

I’ll be on vacation for a few days, no KML uploads from me while I’m gone.

uploads KML files filtered from 20210913 data package found here:
https://ftp.wildfire.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_n/!CALFIRE/!2021_Incidents/CA-ENF-024030_Caldor/GIS/IncidentData/20210913/

For import into CalTopo, Google Earth, etc. Can’t vouch for how accurate they keep the data vs what’s really on the ground.

Contained Line. There are 72 entries vs 72 yesterday:

Completed Dozer Line. There are 788 entries vs 787 yesterday:

Completed All Type Of Line. There are 1254 entries vs 1243 yesterday:

Planned All Type Of Line. There are 9 entries vs 11 yesterday:

7 Likes

Hwy 50 to reopen completely tomorrow 0800. Open to residents and commercial traffic now. Not a drive I’m looking forward to.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-ENF-Caldor?

Firewatch 51 completed IR fly over at 15:40 and returning Fox. Came up from IR mapping the Windy.

3 Likes

Drove pass the Caldor today a little interior smoke

9 Likes

GOOD NEWS:

11 Likes

Was that taken from the Spur on 88?

Evacuation warnings lifted for the Desolation Wilderness area and Christmas Valley area

4 Likes

Yes it was.

1 Like

221,835 acres and 100% contained.

10 Likes

Father and son arrested today on reckless arson charges each with a $1M bail.

6 Likes

With the “great bodily injury” component, maximum prison time will be 6 years + 3 year enhancement for the FF injury. Maximum jail time 1 year. Possible fine up to $50k but you can’t get blood from a turnip. “Reckless Arson” indicates to me could not prove it was malicious.

7 Likes
12 Likes
3 Likes

Garbage article

4 Likes

Bill’s writing or the 60 minutes piece? Care to elaborate? Not saying I disagree but would be good to counter with some facts or ideas.

3 Likes

The 60 minutes.
However there is some speculation within Bills writing that I don’t find helpful, it highlights how things could have been different if certain projects were finished or if different actions were taken without sound evidence to why they were not.

My problem with this is its to vague and ultimately fireman take the scrutiny when it goes far beyond that. 60 minutes is trash now a days.
I’ll type something up when I have more time to be specific. Just didn’t want to leave you without any answer for my comment.

5 Likes