CA-KNF-McKinney?

KNF BLK regularly doesn’t have an Rx tone. I just spoke with the COML, the Rx tone was an error on the 205 however all radios cloned didnt recieve that error. Agree it can be a safety issue if someone had hand programmed per the 205. As previously stated if that occurs unlock channel guard or turn monitor mode on.

7 Likes

@Klamath_NF

#McKinneyFire #china2fire Update - 7/31/22 AM

Activity on both fires moderated into the evening as a smoke inversion settled over the fire. The fire became active again at about midnight. Crews were actively engaged in structure protection overnight.

inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/artic…

2 Likes

Through EMAC, 3 structural task forces are enroute to the McKinney incident from the state of Oregon.

5 Likes

I was on both the Beaver and Gap in '14. Incredible fire behavior.

7 Likes

And then Gap kind of just laid down and they pulled off a massive firing show over about a week, right?

2 Likes

norcalscan, quick question. What is the better box to listen to, Siskiyou County Sheriff and Fire West or Northern Siskiyou County Fire/EMS on Broadcastify? Thanks

8 Likes

The Siskiyou County Sheriff and Fire West I believe is driven by @fishcop and is customized with McKinney freqs now. @CAFireScanner is also relying on the feeds for intel so he’ll know which is best too.

All Siskiyou feeds here.

3 Likes

I’m surprised that region 2 OES Type 1s are still sitting in quarters with out of state type 1s coming

4 Likes

Sonoma County (Region II) OES Type I’s left overnight.

6 Likes

I haven’t listened to the Northern Siskiyou County Fire/EMS feed, so I’m not sure what is being scanned, but they sent out an alert yesterday about the fire so I believe they have at least the command freq. The Siskiyou County Sheriff and Fire West feed has command and aircraft frequencies for the McKinney, as well as the command frequency for the Shackleford, Lovers, and Kelsey fires. As the title implies, it also has LE frequencies. I believe the Northern Siskiyou feed has fire only, so if you don’t want to hear LE traffic, that one might be the better choice.

There’s been a pretty high volume of radio traffic, and I anticipate some frequency changes in the upcoming days, so I may make some changes. I’m thinking of potentially paring things down or putting McKinney command on priority.

5 Likes

wild guess but id say out of state units are going because they’re closer. less travel time.

11 Likes

Complex Coming soon??

2 Likes

It could be some state to state political deal that happens between governors and is outside of the normal ordering system. It’s not uncommon such as with EMAC (Emergency Management Assistance Compact). We had multiple CALOES strike teams in CO on the Hayman Fire 02’, Zagaris was the AREP

4 Likes

McKinney and China are already a complex

5 Likes

Ground resources recommending to Operations “run the Kelsey as a separate incident, but through the McKinney”.

3 Likes

Kelsey resource request- 2- type 2 crews IA or better, 2 water tenders, 2 type 3 or 4 engines.

3 Likes

Where’s the Kelsey, is that the heat signature that showed up on this AM’s IR 2-3 miles north of the main fire?

1 Like
4 Likes

About 13 miles South West of the McKinney, just South of the Kelsey Creek trail head. Threatening cabins in the area. Aircraft is on scene per KNF.

6 Likes

It looks like the incident is now being referred to as the late July Complex. OES 2870C demob’d from Oak reassigned to the Late July Complex.

5 Likes