CA-KNP-Complex (Contained)

It made quite the run north last 24 hrs , just like every other fire at one time or another this year has done , hope it’s doesn’t push west to far that’s where it could get real dicey,

4 Likes

Plenty of spots in division P.

4 Likes

Morning Update

https://fb.watch/85OGOWyJMr/

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-KNP-Complex???

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-KNP-Complex???

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-KNP-Complex???

11am IR shows fire edging into sequoia groves (yellow outlines), bumping into areas prescribed burned in past 5 years (bright green). Light green areas burned in past 10 years.

6 Likes

Sherman Protection Group reports several spot fires 1-3 acres in size each west and south of the grove. All have been picked up and lined. Fire activity was low to moderate.
Tomorrow’s resource needs 5 engines and 3 crews.

6 Likes

AA request 2 LAT’s , targets are:

They are load and return building along side dozer lines near hwy 198 east flank.

AA bumping up Tankers to three type 2.

Trying to cool down the fires east flank for dozers and hand crews engaging line construction near active fire.

6 Likes

No room for base camp on HWY 180 in Squaw Valley. It’s a PG&E lay down yard know.

1 Like

Nice job CALFIRE getting that western dozer line completed (reportedly) and looking forward to the IHC’s today being able to tie that in with hand line.

9 Likes

Heard cal fire is moving camp to woodlake rodeo grounds. Has alot of room there.

3 Likes

https://fb.watch/87gCW-rTgK/

Morning Update

2 Likes

This is a bad link

Works for me, might have to be signed into facebook.com?

2 Likes

Correct. The SA IMT is moving there. Fire is currently not in unified command, however calfire is doing what they can while coordinating with the SA IMT hold the fire from moving further west. Hearing it’s a good cooperative effort.

4 Likes

Good News for the firefighters on the KNP Complex. MKU (Mobile Kitchen Unit) has arrived. Effective today, Fire Camp is being moved to Woodlake Rodeo Grounds. This makes it easier to receive the supplies and resources that are on their way here. Effective Dinner this evening, all meals will be served at the Woodlake Base Camp.

21 Likes

Nice job CALFIRE.

7 Likes

Not so sure it’s a Cal Fire MKU since officially they aren’t in Unified Command … yet. May be a Fed kitchen unit. Either way folks are being fed. Woodlake rodeo grounds for base camp seems like a good logistical decision. During Case Mt Fire in '87 we used the Three Rivers roping Arena.

5 Likes

Oh. My bad. When I see MKU I usually associate that with CALFIRE and way better food for the troops.

4 Likes