CA-KRN/SQF-BOREL 2024???

New start in the area.

Visible from ICP west side of the lake.

2 Likes

New start thread here
https://forums.wildfireintel.org/t/ca-krn-sawmill/26833/4

2 Likes

That new start is in some really nasty country with heavy brush and grass. You can wear out your tools in the rocks there.

3 Likes

just got that alert…got a good head start…not good.

1 Like

1945 to 2300. It’s not the park fire expansion but it’s still DROS in one afternoon.

6 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Borel Photos Request

I read in this mornings report a change in IMTs. Evidently going to be managed as a separate incident and not in the complex. Considering where it is going, the difficulties in getting there, and the differing management priorities that is a smart decision in my mind.

CICIMT 11 (Fogle) will shadow CACIMT 14 (Snow) on 7/27/2024 and will assume command on 7/28/2024 @ 0700hrs

10 Likes

Will be intersting to see where they find to setup. School will probably not be an option with their startup.
Maybe Walker Basin?

2 Likes

If it reaches the Walker Basin, katie bar the door. It will be spectacular.

5 Likes

CIIMT11 was already ordered to replace 14 when Borel broke out. I’m not so sure the intent is for them to be managed separately.

4 Likes

Just waiting. Red Flag Warning for the fire area remains in effect until 11:00 p.m. tonight…

2 Likes

Evacuation ORDER just placed via Gensys Protect for all areas in red south and east of the fire. That’s not so good. genasys Protect

4 Likes

zone 743, in the Basin, just got a mandatory evac notice.

1 Like

I have a friend in zone 748 (Bodfish Cyn) and she’s anticipating having to leave sometime today.

2 Likes

Okay, evidently I was mistaken - and I stand corrected. Sorry about that one. That will really present an interesting scenario with UC and fires with completely different goals and objectives.

2 Likes

Team 11 will manage both, that doesn’t mean they have to complex them all together. With a PL of 5 teams are at a premium. It will definitely be interesting.

4 Likes

Bodfish now under evac order and the Lake Isabella now under evac warning.

6 Likes

And here it is…NWS Hanford
Lake Isabella-
1110 AM PDT Sat Jul 27 2024

…RED FLAG WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT SUNDAY FOR LOW
RELATIVE HUMIDITY AND ELEVATED WINDS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 595…

• AFFECTED AREA…Fire weather zone 595.
  • WIND…West/upsloping winds with maximum gusts 25-35 mph.
  • HUMIDITY…Minimum daytime humidity levels 15-20% or less.
5 Likes