CA-KRN/SQF-BOREL 2024???

I read in this mornings report a change in IMTs. Evidently going to be managed as a separate incident and not in the complex. Considering where it is going, the difficulties in getting there, and the differing management priorities that is a smart decision in my mind.

CICIMT 11 (Fogle) will shadow CACIMT 14 (Snow) on 7/27/2024 and will assume command on 7/28/2024 @ 0700hrs

10 Likes

Will be intersting to see where they find to setup. School will probably not be an option with their startup.
Maybe Walker Basin?

2 Likes

If it reaches the Walker Basin, katie bar the door. It will be spectacular.

5 Likes

CIIMT11 was already ordered to replace 14 when Borel broke out. I’m not so sure the intent is for them to be managed separately.

4 Likes

Just waiting. Red Flag Warning for the fire area remains in effect until 11:00 p.m. tonight…

2 Likes

Evacuation ORDER just placed via Gensys Protect for all areas in red south and east of the fire. That’s not so good. genasys Protect

4 Likes

zone 743, in the Basin, just got a mandatory evac notice.

1 Like

I have a friend in zone 748 (Bodfish Cyn) and she’s anticipating having to leave sometime today.

2 Likes

Okay, evidently I was mistaken - and I stand corrected. Sorry about that one. That will really present an interesting scenario with UC and fires with completely different goals and objectives.

2 Likes

Team 11 will manage both, that doesn’t mean they have to complex them all together. With a PL of 5 teams are at a premium. It will definitely be interesting.

4 Likes

Bodfish now under evac order and the Lake Isabella now under evac warning.

6 Likes

And here it is…NWS Hanford
Lake Isabella-
1110 AM PDT Sat Jul 27 2024

…RED FLAG WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT SUNDAY FOR LOW
RELATIVE HUMIDITY AND ELEVATED WINDS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 595…

• AFFECTED AREA…Fire weather zone 595.
  • WIND…West/upsloping winds with maximum gusts 25-35 mph.
  • HUMIDITY…Minimum daytime humidity levels 15-20% or less.
5 Likes

This mornings GOES 18 vs this afternoon. Picking up again…
Afternoon

5 Likes

Looking from Shirley Peak she’s woke up form the day…

5 Likes

From one of the KRV fb pages at 1220. This has Lake Isabella on the left and to the right is the canyon.

4 Likes

5 Likes

1 Like

On Saturday morning, management of the fire changed to unified command between California Interagency Incident Management Team (CIIMT) 14 and the Kern County Fire Department. Another federal incident management team—CIIMT 11— is gathering information from and transitioning with CIIMT 14 on Saturday and will be joining unified command of the fire Sunday morning.

5 Likes