CA-LNU-Ridge????

Fires burning through the retardant under the high tension lines per scanner it

5 Likes

Command will be CDF Command 1 Tone 12, IC will be testing it

3 Likes

08-13 At brooks. I would take walker ridge over rumsey Canyon an time.

6 Likes

100 percent agree with you! Walker ridge is much better location than Rumsey!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Or Glasscock Mountain too.

3 Likes

Great View from the Williams Cam!

8 Likes

2107: FIRIS about over the fire for hopefully an updated perimeter on this estimated 2000-2500acre fire.

Fire is just about to reach the river and Bear Valley Road per AA chit chat. Sounded like a strong iron show on the right flank for Wilbur Springs and as soon as that gets tied in theyā€™re firing that line off. That line got a lot of fixed-wing love as well.

Night ops 238PJ and 950CH should work out of Williams tonight with a Helco.

9 Likes

https://www.sfgate.com/california-wildfires/article/ridge-fire-colusa-lake-counties-evacuation-19586697.php

2 Likes

We put a team a type 1 team on something this size a few times this year. I bet by 4pm tomorrow a type 1 team will be ordered. 3 I believe.

6 Likes

2304 acres per Intel12

11 Likes

ICA! Definitely a team year.

3 Likes

I. C. A. Iā€™ve never seen so many DCs in campā€¦.

7 Likes

It appears to have moderated at this time.

https://ops.alertcalifornia.org/cam-console/1743

5 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

LNU-Ridge Extended Frequencies assigned:

Air Tactics FM: 166.9375
Air/Ground: 159.2775 t192.8 (CDF A/G 15)
Rotor VIc: 120.275

CDF Tacs 13,14,15,16, VFIRE 24,25

2 Likes

Did the North Bay T3 IMT Engage?
Where did they set up a Incident Base?

1 Like

I guess I donā€™t understand how you can make such an irresponsible statement and even worse how 18 people on this page ā€œup voted itā€. That is not a place to ā€œlet burnā€. There are high tension power lines which run through the fire perimter along with critical gas infrastructure. Highway 20 is a major east/west corridor. Cattle ranchers rely on the grass for feed and grazing. Without it their costs sky rocket which increases our costs for beef. It is the watershed of Cache Creek which has been deeply impacted by fires over the last decade. Cache Creek supplies water to a lot of agriculture downstream.
Take away all of that and letā€™s play out your sentiment. A limited suppression strategy in an area that has experienced large fires every 5-7 years. That means the fuels are all on the lighter side and much flashierā€¦ As you stated choking smoke would envelope the valley and North Bay. This smoke, beyond its direct health impacts, affects agriculture negatively. From there the fire continues to make runs, late next week when the ridge breaks down and a strong onshore flow sets up the fire moves quickly to the east and down into the valley. High pressure rebuilds and the fire now moves back to the west threatening eastern Lake County. Evacuations are required in communities that were miles from the initial fire location. These evacuation centers are not cheap to run. The fire has now reached over 100,000 acresā€¦ and the remnants of a tropical storm make their way up the coastā€¦ dropping lightning bolts across the state. Resources are drawn down and new ignitions take precedence over existing fires, the fire rages on and resources are diverted to new starts. This is how a "mega fire " is born. The long term smoke impacts crush tourism in Lake County, diminish the harvest of their viticulture and cause expensive damage to critical infrastructure. The fire destroys homes and drives insurance rates up if people can even get insurance there anymore.
I guess we are lucky that the leadership in LNU and the aggressive firefighters did what they know how do doā€¦ recognize the threat and contain it within the first burn period mitigating deep impacts to lives, property and the environment.
Time and placeā€¦

21 Likes

Dude with all Do respect that response was a bit much. Stop taking statements so literally. Nothing you mentioned is worth the life of one fire fighter. So think about that.

9 Likes