CA-MMU-OAK???

ABC7NEWS is over the fire

3 Likes

For those wanting the perimeters produced by both FIRIS patforms Intel 12 & 24 use this KML Link.
https://atak.s3.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/FIRIS_inputs.kml

This can be put in the geospatial tool of your preference; atak, google earth, caltopo, agol etc etc.

In the meta data of the perimeter is the time it was collected.

5 Likes

Spotting a mile ahead again
Darrah Rd has structures down… Trying to hold Darrah but not much hope for that. Now have multiple spots on the S side of Darrah
All type 1 helos have timed out
No divert has been lifted

6 Likes

Current evac map:
Mariposa County: PUBLIC INFORMATION MAP (arcgis.com)

2 Likes

Ya know I never have been in the fire service (many years LE - and spent many days on the evac routes), but I have been on these groups for decades now (before this one the Hotlist and before that the Yahoo Groups) - and watching this video it STILL amazes me that people in these areas do not keep defensible space around their structures.

ESPECIALLY given the last few years of fire activity in CA.

Wow.

14 Likes

I heard folks scouting the Mariposa Fairgrounds and some resources already showing up. It should be renamed to Mariposa Camp. It’s only used once a year for the fair, but so many times a year as a fire camp.

23 Likes

The fairgrounds makes a good camp, but can get really tight on a major incident

3 Likes

Well if it’s your summer home and you live in the concrete jungle… :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Animal Evac Information!!!
Large Animals - Mariposa Fair Grounds
Small Animals - Mariposa Elementary School

2 Likes

Heard them sending hose up to the county park

2 Likes

You can see spots well out in front.

2 Likes

CAL FIRE Incident Management Team (IMT) 5 has been activated to the #OakFire in the @CALFIREMMU

2 Likes

Does anyone know if this is in SRA or FRA?

1 Like

Will we also be seeing a Fed team on this ? Or is it not into the FRA enough

1 Like

Post #50 will give you your answer. It has a map of DPA. It’s heading SE so looks to be a majority of SRA

3 Likes

DPA - Green Fed - Red State - FIRIS perimeter from 1730. Based on reports and where equipment is probably about 3k acres.

2 Likes

4350 is new acreage update

7 Likes

Saw Courtney just left. unfortunately their data is not open source like the OES data. Oh and my guess when I drew the polygon I was looking at the average elevation of 3000 MSL not the acreage lol. Yeah I have 4100 acres…you got look at the right box.

1 Like

thanks…I missed the 52…good ears and thanks for update

3 Likes

still spotting

2 Likes