CA-NEU-RIVER ??

Best I can tell between MAFFS and regualar tankers they have 8 LATs and 2 VLATs they’re making one hell of an effort before cutoff

6 Likes

Live briefing Redirecting...

1 Like

View from staging earlier today

15 Likes

Caught this image around 7:50 PM near 80/watt, they were turning out quick from MCC, must’ve seen 2 maffs, 1 LAT, and 1 VLAT all get off the ground in a matter of 5 mins before the sun hit the horizon. :clap:t3::clap:t3:

7 Likes

Any word on a team being activated?

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Emerging Technology

Thank you for sharing the map, i have family on the other side of 174 and they are stressed not knowing.

1 Like

The posts and intel greatly appreciated. Working on the Dixie and my home is in Alta Sierra…. Of all the things that go wrong when we’re on duty, this has long been our worst fear.

11 Likes

Looks like nice visibility for roter work. Should be able to make some progress on this fire from the air this morning.

2 Likes

Sounds like they are getting ready to get in the air

1 Like

KCRA 3 news reporting 2,400 acres and 50+ Structures damaged/destroyed

1 Like

XSA IMT3 was in brief 0330…

4 Likes

Has Today’s IAP been posted?

1 Like

You can check for it here

https://ftp.wildfire.gov/public/incident_specific_data/

1 Like

The shell is built, but nothings been uploaded

Have not read it yet, but kudos to the Ground and Air Folks…their efforts made a big difference…the proximity to MCC reload was a game changer to support the troops…

8 Likes

Agreed. Had aircraft flying over the house about one every 3-5 minutes. Turn-around time was quite impressive… Ground crews at MCC must have been sweating their butts off

4 Likes

Impressive Drop in RH this morning at Colfax Raws

1 Like

As of 8am, fire is held south of mt olive rd (except one small finger approx 50’ x 200’ near 174). Held west of hwy 174. Chicago park elementary is standing, many homes to the south of the school are not. Fire not near alta sierra proper. Activity this morning is on south end of fire.

12 Likes

Question, is data accessible to public? All links return to parent directory. I am interested in this fire and research info on past fires.
Thanks all you do.
Be Safe SA