CA-SBC-Plant-2023???

I have noticed those on the radar the past few, not sure where they came from.

2 Likes

To borrow a line from Dr Peter Venkman,

DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER
MASS HYSTERIA!
:rofl:

10 Likes
4 Likes

Tanker 911 off the ground MCC, looks to be headed southwest.

3 Likes

She is looking a little angry right now.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Hurricane Hilary - Aug ‘23

Got Valley Fever on the Perkins Fire in same area back in 06. Be extra careful and mindful boys, girls and supervisors . 30 day incubation period prior to symptoms. No fun

7 Likes

Tanker 911 just west of Merced en route to the plant, also tanker 912 off the ground MCC. Tanker 82 en route from sonora currently south west of Merced.

4 Likes

Does anybody know exactly it spotted over wasioja rd or the proximity to the structures on wasijoa rd?

2 Likes

Last I heard was it did spot the Rd. There will be a direct structure theat, not familiar with the area so I don’t know where the houses are

3 Likes

The Watch Duty App has pretty good detail on zoom for this area.

2 Likes

I have an idea where it spotted being there is a direct structure threat. I believe there is a ranch or property in that area with quite a bit of junk piles on the property.

3 Likes

Intel 12 is inbound from the north. A few minutes out.

2 Likes

Any idea when the wind shift may occur?

1 Like

Why is an Army (Intel 12) aircraft being deployed to this fire, and what is it’s function?

2 Likes

Intel12 is a FIRS aircraft they use them every year, they use them to map and get a more accurate size on acreage or pertinent intel on the fire.

3 Likes

Previous discussions of INTEL AIRCRAFT

3 Likes

Im seeing it timed with sundown, roughly by 9 pm wind turning back on itself with a northeast setup by 10-11 pm. Nothing strong but a wind shift for sure…

4 Likes

I’m curious if this to the east is having any adverse effects on the fire.

3 Likes

Not at this time, too far away and moving away from Plant Fire.

2 Likes