CA-SHU-Fawn???

Can’t say for sure as yet, but they often use Shasta County Fairgrounds out of Anderson.

2 Likes

Yes Anderson Fairgrounds

3 Likes

Is that a spot fire on rattle snake peak cam?

negative, that is a new start in kelly ridge area.

3 Likes

CalTopo showing fire history in the area with heat signatures of the Fawn Incident.

https://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=40.70954,-122.25689&z=12&b=f16a&a=fire%2Cmodis_mp

3 Likes

Regarding the Intel Platforms and info releases are they approved by the IC?

The perimeter and announcements of spot fires could be concerning and in my case was false but did cause me to address it with superiors.

Just wondering. Excellent info, but is there a process?

1 Like

Is it just me, or does it appear the fire has picked up in activity again in the last 30 min??

Always hard to tell at night with cameras.

2 Likes

Time lapse of progression yesterday from the BearMtn camera

6 Likes

and the best frame of that whole video:

14 Likes

Buy that pilot a steak dinner and cold one!

7 Likes

As usual, great job. Thanks.

2 Likes

Not sure where it’s best to share this

5 Likes

OES Type 1’s in region 2 are being sent immediate need to Williams to form up into Strikes Teams for this fire.

5 Likes

Granzella’s Staging.

11 Likes

OES XCC 2807A left around 1200

1 Like

Does anyone know if the big powerlines got taken out or just turned off? Power is out everywhere north of the Pit River Bridge up to and including Lakehead.

2 Likes

Incident had the 115kV transmission lines in Branch 1 (just east of and parallel to I5) shutdown for the increased fire behavior. It’s the sole transmission for the Sac River canyon between the Cascade sub in north Redding and Antler substation in Lakehead.

8 Likes

Can confirm

1 Like

Thank you both. I figured as much. Retired firefighter here in Lakehead where the neighbors have lots of questions. I’m grateful for this website and your quick answers. Thanks!

7 Likes

Just curious, my map and driving experience says those lines run all the way north through Dunsmuir, Weed and into Oregon at Copco - is it just difficulty in getting things re-switched to feed the opposite direction?