CA-SHU-Fawn

Here are some IR shots from 0124 last night showing fire perimeter and heat.

Looking NW over the NE side of fire.

Looking N over the southern section of the fire.

Looking E over the western edge.

Looking S over the northern edge.

Looking S over the southern edge.

6 Likes

XSD 6431 enroute from SoCal 0500 9/24/21.

ELC,SMG,CHV,SND,SND

4 Likes

No info in this morning’s data package what about dozer or any kind of lines. File is here:
https://ftp.wildfire.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_n/!CALFIRE/!2021_Incidents/CA-SHU-010480_Fawn/GIS/IncidentData/

I thought I would make this map from what was in it which was perimeter and some point info. It is similar to the ops map that is included in ajohansson’s zip file but this one has a couple extra items while that one has drop points this one doesn’t have:

7 Likes

I put together a video tour of the fire today.

21 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: GIS and INCIDENT MAPPING

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-SHU-Fawn???

A post was merged into an existing topic: GIS and INCIDENT MAPPING

3 Likes

Highline Trail cam back online, we have good eyes back on the entire east side of the fire.

7 Likes

Wind change last 2 hours:

11 Likes

1530: south winds have reached the ground in the last hour and challenging Branch 1’s lines and efforts. Numerous spots over the powerline easement with aircraft picking most of them up but a few are still unattended and burning freely. Branch and DIVS looking for addl resources.

1610 update: requesting additional law support for Branch 1 (Fawndale area) for evacuees and evac efforts

4 Likes

6,820 Acres, 10% Contained

2 Likes

Here are updated maps using data from National Interagency Fire Center public GIS data site and IR from NIFC FTP site. NIFC GIS site is a great resource, check it out. https://data-nifc.opendata.arcgis.com/

The orange area is last night’s perimeter at 6pm. Dark red from this afternoon. Bright red/yellow from 5:20 pm.

Not much spread in past 24 hours on south or SE side of fire. Fire backed actively toward Bear Valley on east flank and toward Shasta Lake on north. A pretty good run happened this evening on north flank of Bear Mtn, and fire was hot along powerline corridor near I-5 at 5:20pm.

20 Likes

Was on the lake in Cove Creek this evening, just west of Silverthorn. Surface winds out of the north breathing with the fire and keeping air clean below the column, south winds were much higher up and keeping column low and slight NE past sundown.

Good backing ground fire all along the south shore. It got into a few dead snags but hopefully along the shore the timber between Alie and Cove Crk is intact. Can’t say the same for Bear Mtn. It roared up the NW ridge all evening, and down below on the NW base. Massive group torching and brush runs.

Could hear heavy equipment working to the east near the marina and I believe working on a line off the lookout road down into either Jones Valley or Silverthorn area to give those areas a chance.

Iphone pics don’t do it justice. One of the hotter backing fires, and then some big heat on Bear Mtn. Will check the big camera tomorrow.

21 Likes

DATA PACKAGE IS UP FOR THE FAWN - MAPS.TAKSERVER.US

5 Likes

A good day in Div U. The crews stomped the guts out of it,

todays map

13 Likes

Map tour using last night’s IR.

12 Likes

Santa Cruz County local govt type 3 strike team to Anderson Fairgrounds

7 Likes

Just received this on AT&T ,apparently over 4 hours after it was issued.:

5 Likes