CA-SNF-Creek-2020???

I just talked to my friend who lives up there she said they have already evacuated Shaker Lake area, she’s closer down by Auberry and they have not evacuated there just yet. I hope your home is okay.

I live top of the four lane. We are under warning to evacuate but no mandatory yet

2 Likes

East winds Mon/Tuesday should clear smoke in NCAL for a little bit. Could be it crates more issues later in the week. Dry cold front moving down from the north.

1 Like

That “spot” off to the west looks pretty suspicious to me. My guess this morning was the “western spot” is about 450 acres.

1 Like

If you zoom in the fire area is in a black circle

7 Likes

I did a screen recording.

2 Likes

That spot is being called the peckinpah fire because of the distance but it is a spot fire.

3 Likes

That sir is scary!

2 Likes

if you look at one yesterdays video posts you will see it at the left of the screen. Even at that distance, reported 10 miles, the spot was being drawn beck to the main fire. Than is scary!

4 Likes

Now that’s some long range spotting and then the picture of the bark that was being thrown that distance.

3 Likes

Will the lack of clean-up before make this burn so hot as to “sterilize” the soil ?

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering about the “Spot” fire - could have simply been a “clear-air” lightning strike off the column?

Just a thought… May as well throw in yet another crazy thing for the boots to consider with what seems to be quickly becoming the new norm.

Remember back when a few thousand acres was a big deal?

Ugh…

6 Likes

I’ve seen really erratic fire behavior based on large bodies of water and their influence on local weather. My father calls it “the lake effect”. Sudden wind shifts in the afternoon with instability causing extreme fire behavior and sudden wind shifts with fire tornados around the areas of the lake(s). I think Shaver Lake will do this today.

4 Likes

Lake effect mixed with the effects of heat on granite. Perfect storm condition

2 Likes

We saw a lot of ‘spot fires’ in the Salmon River complexes of 2014 that were caused by lightning from massive columns. But I have also seen a smouldering piece of lodgepole bark the size of a skateboard fall onto a briefing 12 miles downwind of a huge column in Central Idaho.

12 Likes

We have a place south of shaver in the Ockenden Ranch area. I was wondering how far it has reached as well. Local reports from over an hour ago state Kens Market was on fire.

Any legit reports of structures lost in shaver or the communities south?

1 Like

No, the pyro cumulus didn’t develop until after the spot merged back with the main fire.

3 Likes

The spot h2o is referring to on peckinpah mountain hadn’t merged with the main fire at 6am this morning and the pyrocumulus was there before the spots at kinsman and cascadel happened.

2 Likes

Command OPs Creek: 1400 Fire on south side of Stevenson Creek Rd.

3 Likes