CA-SNF-Ferguson?? (Was MMU/SNF-Ferguson??)

Nicely said, ffviking.

Read on another thread for this incident that air attack wants 10-15 fixed wing for tommorow…:scream:

Is this the case? If so…uhhhh

Well, with a 2,000 acre slop over, that doesn’t seem unreasonable. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

15 air tankers!?
Not a rookie here but that’s a pretty lavish order. ( Outside looking in)

I’m guessing this is in conjunction with a redeployment of resources on the incident, to follow the drops. Also, as in any bargain, shoot for the moon and settle in the middle.

1 Like

My hubs has been Div M since he got there. Not good news.

2 Likes

Bless you and your husband. Stay safe.

Searching the maps and not seeing Anderson valley…anyone have an idea where that is?

1 Like

There is Anderson Valley Rd in Coulteville which is northwest of El Portal

I’m pretty sure that the Anderson Valley they’re talking about is the area of 2S02 (AKA Anderson Valley RD) near Paps Gulch?

1 Like

It’s Anderson Flat below the Pilot peak look out.

1 Like

Both FireDonkey and Loner are correct on location. That area is not to far from the Telegraph Fire about ten years ago.

2 Likes

yes it did come over the scanner that AA wanted 10- 15 air tankers of any kind, now weather they got them this morning I don’t know. but it seemed like only a handful showed up. could be wrong tho

1 Like

In 1987 the Grizzly Fire and the Larson Fire merged in Anderson Valley (aka Anderson Flat). They formed the southern component of the Stanislaus Complex Fire. With 40 years of regrowth timber, heavy understory slash, a southwest exposure and mixed older growth the resulting firestorm was one of the hottest timber fires ever observed. The columns topped out at around 35,000 feet (confirmed by commercial airline pilots). The fuel loading is different now but Anderson Valley is still a location of challenge.

4 Likes

Funny that in my 49 years here I have never herd it called Anderson valley until this fire.
I even lived in that area for 17 years.
The complex fire was one hot fire it took years for anything at all to grow back in some areas.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for info. Will check out maps for that rd.

1 Like

Hearing conversations the fire is making a hard push into the Sanislaus NF and the possibility of a 2nd team may be assigned?

1 Like

Probably not the Stanislaus. It would have to go all the way through Yosemite to make it there.

1 Like

The Stanislaus NF is where the slop over was the other day, so it’s got A LOT of room to run with wind and terrain in alignment. The Merced River is the forest boundary between the STF and SNF

2 Likes

It’s well onto the Stanislaus and yeah, lots of chatter of splitting the fire for a few reasons. One being logistics/drive times.

2 Likes