CA-SNF-Ferguson?? (Was MMU/SNF-Ferguson??)

Look at Google maps and the green part by the 140 horseshoe is pretty much the same as Fed DPA. State DPA outside of that Forest boundary but it is pretty much all BLM land with a few pockets of private with nothing on them so still technically FRA I guess.

If somebody cares to comment, if a fire like this with command structure in place burns out of Fed DPA and onto State DPA but it is still Fed land, it would seem like the State would not really be in a hurry to move in on that, correct?

2 Likes

It is related to the incident, it is a good question, and it is posted in Questions and Discussion

8 Likes

Agreed! Isn’t this the forum for that?

3 Likes

Definitely not an SME but my understanding is that Cal Fire has contracts to protect BLM land in many Cal Fire units so that might put responsibility on the state.

2 Likes

Don’t let this single person get people to stay away. So far, this has been an excellent replacement for the old site. It is what we ALL make it. Not just a minority.

6 Likes

Agreed , I’m glad this site is up and rubbing let’s keep it that way please

6 Likes

Come on Folks, we don’t always have the same view points, but lets keep a good attitude here. This site is gaining more ground every day and it is an excellent replacement. The old site is history and, towards the end, the Bickering was more and more. We are Professionals, let’s keep it professional.

10 Likes

Nicely said, ffviking.

Read on another thread for this incident that air attack wants 10-15 fixed wing for tommorow…:scream:

Is this the case? If so…uhhhh

Well, with a 2,000 acre slop over, that doesn’t seem unreasonable. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

15 air tankers!?
Not a rookie here but that’s a pretty lavish order. ( Outside looking in)

I’m guessing this is in conjunction with a redeployment of resources on the incident, to follow the drops. Also, as in any bargain, shoot for the moon and settle in the middle.

1 Like

My hubs has been Div M since he got there. Not good news.

2 Likes

Bless you and your husband. Stay safe.

Searching the maps and not seeing Anderson valley…anyone have an idea where that is?

1 Like

There is Anderson Valley Rd in Coulteville which is northwest of El Portal

I’m pretty sure that the Anderson Valley they’re talking about is the area of 2S02 (AKA Anderson Valley RD) near Paps Gulch?

1 Like

It’s Anderson Flat below the Pilot peak look out.

1 Like

Both FireDonkey and Loner are correct on location. That area is not to far from the Telegraph Fire about ten years ago.

2 Likes

yes it did come over the scanner that AA wanted 10- 15 air tankers of any kind, now weather they got them this morning I don’t know. but it seemed like only a handful showed up. could be wrong tho

1 Like