CA-SQF-Castle???

Thanks that sounds about right.

2 Likes

a lot of us have been putting our comments on the wrong topic. maybe we should start keeping Q&A separate from Initial topics. I admit that I have abuse it more than likely of others. But I do not want to tax the Mods more than they are or have.
love you all

4 Likes

https://rockyags.cr.usgs.gov/cgi-bin/camHist_movie.pl?camera=bald_mountain_1&visible=false&date=20200904&frame=109
i do not think this is an inversion. ==but a different whid shere. change of upper winds.

1 Like

That seems to happen in this area as the sun sets and things cool down. You’ll see smoke get pushed south during the night.

3 Likes

This is very normal for the Kern River drainage, dirual canyon winds

2 Likes

Does anyone know the status of the ranger outpost in Grey Meadow ? I have had the pleasure of packing in there a couple of times.

2 Likes

TCSO issued a press release for a plane that went down in the SNF stating they are working with the forest service for recovery. Does anyone know if it’s related to the fire or heard any radio traffic?

2 Likes

Snf or sqf??

I’m hearing about a possible camp move? Can anybody confirm?

ICP is now at the high school in lake Isabella as of today.

5 Likes

Sounds like new Evac’s for Mt. Home State Forest? Can anyone confirm that?

2 Likes

That’s a ways off from the fire and I do not think the fire has made it up that side of the kern yet. The cabin fire burnt up clicks creek and that area. Looking at the cams it’s no where near impacting the state forest.

2 Likes

Probably has something more to do along the lines with what the USFS did for the southern forests (closing) and maybe a little with the fire.

1 Like

Yeah they could be following there lead and I know for a fact that fire is no where near the state forest and I wonder if Fiash and game will be handing out refunds😁

2 Likes

Actually it is in the Sequoia National Park

That it may be but is no where near Maggie or Jordan peak which runs down into alder creek into wishon then back up to Balch in the state forest, I know the area very well and know where the fire is at . Regardless the closure of state land is a little premature.

2 Likes

Packing supplies in from the east flank, Blackrock:

10 Likes

This is a great example of “old-school” firefighting. Thanks for the photos!

2 Likes