CA-STF-Donnell

They have a bunch of resources ordered but I think most Maiya be UTF.
News in Sacramento said USFS stayed they do not have the resources to fight this fire.

The drainage the fire is in right now goes up towards Double Dome (TCSO repeater site). I think the Dardanelles Store is probably going to be ok

Central Coast IMT inbreifed today.

Any idea where base camp is going in?

ICP is at Dodge Ridge Ski Resort in Pinecrest

1 Like

They cut a large line around the repeated and did some other work to protect it.

That was a Beautiful stand of timber that fire is eating up. From Donnells to Brightman to Dardanelles Resort what a pretty area. Not to mention the structures scattered around that area. Just tragic to see some of that area go up in flames. Please everyone on the line on all these fires be safe.

From Bald Mountain Fire Cam

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I figured.

Looks like its rippingā€¦

AA51/N40Y just completed its mapping runs and is over the Ferguson.

1930 IR flight

5 Likes

Mandatory evacuation for the entire length of the 5N10 road. Looking at the map, thereā€™s only one way in/out, and if the fire makes its way south, it will cut off whatever is east of wherever it crosses the road.

Is that from the Heli Port by Little Sweden?
Can you post link to site?
Thanks

www.Alertwildfire.org is the site. It covers San Diego County, the Tahoe area, and a couple of cameras near clear lake.

3 Likes

Bald Mnt is the Helitack base near Little Sweden on the Mi-Wok district on the STF. I worked there way back when .

GACC has the Donnell Fire at 11,000 acres

2 Likes

Dardanelles Resort is gone along with about 50 + permitted cabins. Thanks

1 Like

When we were looking at it yesterday, I never wouldā€™ve dreamt that it would have made such a hard lateral run as it did, even with the upcanyon winds that are usually in the 10-12 range there in the late afternoon. Iā€™m just devastated with the news that so much history is gone

3 Likes

Kennedy Meadows has been cutting a fuel break with a cal fire engine. I think the horses are still there. The fire that jumped 108 is burning Into Niagara Creek And up Eagle Mdw rd. Worried about the Bennett Juniper, largest/ oldest in the country/world. Long faces every where. A crew from LA just went up the hill. Be Safe

1 Like