CA-TIA-Windy?? (Was SQF-Windy?)

That was a discussion on Dixie about scoopers and offline like military…they don’t show. There was some explanation about that. Was it that there is another service radar website that does show them? Maybe search Dixie posts?
I use fight tracker and they aren’t there as well.

1 Like

SCPR281 & SCPR282 on flightradar24. They are heading back to Lancaster now.

4 Likes

Wonder why the scooper left?

Fuel cycle most likely.

1 Like

Locals posted videos of them scooping near the dam at Isabella earlier this afternoon. Now they are on the new start in LAC.

I have also noticed they don’t always show up on FR24 or ADSB exchange. Seems to be hit or miss.

1 Like

Well get your cameras out! The scoopers have been requested again. If available, they will be using Isabella again. Have them look at lake success if it’s suitable.

3 Likes

Son says winds in the valley (Visalia) are picking up…

1 Like

Try this site for winds at many elevations in meters. I see low level winds out of the south and high level winds blowing the column south.
Play with Altitude

Don’t know what sensors the data comes from.

1 Like

Latest COMM PLAN

2 Likes

Is the fire bumping Boy Scout Camp Whitsett?

The fire has hit the trail of 100 Giants.

3 Likes

Sometimes it seems like this site beats the team notifications to members.

Rumor was originally Team 5 for a third go at Monument. Then Windy with in brief on Friday. Now Wednesday. And here was me just getting an oil change on my off day…

14 Likes

Upper lows make things interesting.

https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-17&sec=conus&x=8292.00048828125&y=4632.000244140625&z=2&angle=0&im=60&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=130&motion=loop&maps[borders]=white&lat=0&p[0]=geocolor&opacity[0]=1&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=1&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&draw_color=FFD700&draw_width=6

5 Likes

How long until this ties into the french? Seems like it’s definitely headed that way.

1 Like

It’s got to get through the cedar burn scar before it gets there, french fire stopped at the cedar burn.

2 Likes

Or go around it to the west.

1 Like

View from blue mountain. Here it comes. Couple of emergency vehicles visible half way between the camera and the fire.

Screenshot_20210924-192243-597

1 Like

Visible from the Delano cam out in the Valley.

1 Like

Has anyone had any luck sniffing out any online linkage? Something local and not affiliated with the Broadcastify?

@norcalscan ← How about it Jake… Any hidden gems lurking down that way?

Tobias is back up. Wonder if they’re there to install a FLIR? (Hint…hint).

EDIT: Then again, perhaps not the best spot for the high $ cam at the moment. :thinking:

2 Likes