CA-TNF-Mosquito??

agree…AA is doing a Hell of job…my congrats.to him and all supporting…crews…well done…Charlie Mike

12 Likes

1129 acres new growth from that run.

10 Likes

FIRIS new perimeter at 57,999 acres.

10 Likes

I was very impressed with both air and ground ops! I was surprised that some of the type 1’s didn’t use chico. Obviously not needed. Great job by all today!

4 Likes
1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: CA-NEU-Dutch??

Saddle Timber 1 cam is still showing consistent burning for sure. Looks like a pretty steady wind is still moving across the fire as well…

https://www.alertwildfire.org/region/tahoe/?camera=Axis-SaddleTimber1

2 Likes

Well established spot fire out ahead of Div. H burn reported in the vicinity of American Hill.

3 Likes

Looking at the Bald Mountain camera, it looks like the fire’s waking up early on the east side and ready to going.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Per inciweb

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 (this section last updated 7:30 AM)

The fire was active Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, particularly on the northeast side. Night-shift crews completed firing operations on the north side from Forks House Trailhead to the Deadwood Road. On the west side, south of Foresthill where the fire spotted over the Middle Fork of the American River Tuesday afternoon, fire activity did moderate overnight. The mission-critical priority for firefighters Wednesday is the west side of the fire; they will focus on protecting structures in the Foresthill and Todd Valley areas and increasing containment of the fireline to prevent further westward and northward spread. The southeast corner is also a priority as crews strive to halt the fire’s progression toward Stumpy Meadows. Numerous aircraft are supporting ground crews, conducting water and retardant drops during both day and night shifts.

6 Likes

I wanted to play with Google Earth for the first time and look at the new FIRIS mapping (61,012 acres) from this morning. White line is new perimeter, orange is the mapping from last night after the spot fire run near Foresthill, red is mapping from the afternoon of the 12th.

Looks like they kept the fire south of Foresthill Road, and potentially brought fire down the ridge below Todd Valley towards the river.

Other than that, a lot of firing, mostly on the north side all the way up to the American Fire scar. Some growth, some spotting on the whole eastern front.

5 Likes

Does anyone have a link to the IAP for today?

1 Like

https://ftp.wildfire.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_n/!2022_Federal_Incidents/CA-TNF-1371_Mosquito/IAP/

1 Like

Thanks for that!

11:15 AM column.

3 Likes

Looks like 2 scooper plane is picking from Union Valley and cooling off the SE flank.
SCPR261 and SCPR 263

Always cool to hear that French-Canadian accent, from the pilots

5 Likes

Super Scoopers dipping at Union Valley, visible in the Big Hill camera

22 Likes

copter 3 over the fire

2 Likes

MCC is pretty quiet today…looking across the airfield, I see 4 VLATS, at least 3 LATS, and a few T1 rotor wings AQI…

17 Likes