CA-TNF-Mosquito??

Chicken hawk rd marked with red marker and red paint mark approx location from cal fire AA video… solid push…

4 Likes

Has anyone heard if any IR flights are tasked to this incident yet?

1 Like

And don’t forget the spot at Circle Bridge.

3 Likes

Too late to place a NIROPS order for tonight. And seeing if it’s a fed incident it isn’t “easy” to get FIRIS (which just took off from MCC for socal without a glance at TNF) but I think they’re nimble enough where if phone calls were made between bean counters and cooperators while still in the air, and enough fuel on board, they could swing over on their way back to MCC. I haven’t been following to see if 17V has been flying the fed stuff lately.

5 Likes

Column looks to possibly be capping out - be careful out there!

1 Like

Considering that this is heading into NEU and heavy WUI, does that change the math any?

3 Likes

Absolutely. State run fires vs fed run fires are drastically different. Personnel numbers, strategy, objectives, tactics, and fire line meals :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Fire has jumped Gorman Ranch Rd., near the split – all houses except one with no answer have been notified.

3 Likes

Pictures from pumpkin time on TNF Facebook

10 Likes

per PCSO expand evacs to above Foresthill

4 Likes
2 Likes

Foresthill fire dispatched to a smoke check on Foresthill Rd, near Blackhawk and Bath Rd.

2 Likes

Just toned out 3 engines for fire near 25491 Foresthill Rd. I assume this was the smoke check and if so, they have a REAL problem on their hands.

Sounds like they are evacuating from Church St up, on the South side of FH road. This is just below the old elementary school all the way to Baker Ranch.
FYI Church St is where the PCWA/PG&E camera is.

Foresthill Memorial Hall is opening as evacs ctr

7 Likes

Voluntary evac notices going out to Volcanoville

2 Likes

The difference in the column is stark between an hour ago and now. The column is being sheared off by the down canyon winds. This screen capture has a lot of heat in the bent over column which significantly increase the preheating and spotting potential.

7 Likes

Not super familiar with this area but Volcanoville looks to have about 1 route south out of town, and the fire is between the two (though on the opposite side of the canyon so far). Man, too many Sierra communities like that.

4 Likes

Most likely worried about those down canyon winds overnight. According to PCSO on the scanner the fire is cresting the last ridge before Michigan Bluff, and is moving North still

2 Likes

I sincerely hope that someone has the foresight to order a ST or two worth of water tenders, I have a feeling they’ll need every drop of water they can get.

6 Likes

BTU just punched out an immideat need type 3 to there

4 Likes

Video from TNF Facebook page just before pumpkin

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0213CCkRvPTCGdNN8Gg5t4M3q5RpeP465jCntLgHhCBeZtUiMYHZWp4nXxVLTJZ4iNl&id=100064778706147&sfnsn=mo

2 Likes