CA-YNP-Washburn (Contained)

All tankers released.

6 Likes

Firis enroute off McClellan will have an update pretty soon.

7 Likes

Last FW51 in Red - FIRIS flight in Blue.

4412 acres

6 Likes

4375 Acres (NIROPS 2300hrs 7/13)

Per 209 PM 7/13:
Outstanding Resource Needs: (as of PM 7/13 some changes from the day prior) 4 COMTs; 4 RADOs; 6 FOBS; NIFC Repeater System; 1 Type 1 Road Grader; Type 2 Crews; Continued aviation support

No change from prior day:
1045 Personnel Assigned
Projected Final Incident Size: 5,500 acres
Projected Containment: 7/31

Maps:
Ops Map (resized) & IR Maps 7/14/2022:

4 Likes

Video update

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-YNP-Washburn?

Last couple of hours of sorties by the air operations branch. Shows a high utilization and target rich environment. Screenshot taken just before noon, 7/14/22.

7 Likes

Tankers are back over the fire.

5 Likes

Blue line is from 1100 FIRIS flight.

6 Likes

AA requests 2 VLATs to build contingency line from Mount Raymond east to Iron Creek Drainage.
Believe all that is in Div.W according to Fire955 posted map.

EDIT UPDATE @ 15:29 Request still placed for the 2 VLATS (if they get released) and 2 LATs as a substitute and hear what shows up after all the phone calls and computer keying are completed.

EDIT UPDATE @17:30- At the peak for retardant contingency line building they used 4 LATs and 1 VLAT to complete the above detailed line. Aircraft released. Seems like they are getting this box strengthened.

4 Likes

south ops said none are available

2 Likes

All 3 airborne

7 Likes

T-911 left Phoenix heading west to SBD, eta 10 minutes.

4 Likes

Fire north of Wells, NV has 2 Lats, 4 SEATS and now T910

5 Likes

Tanker 911 over the fire. One drop then released back to Santa Maria.

3 Likes

Firewatch 51 has left the incident. They said everything on the fire is holding within established lines.

#WashburnFire

7 Likes

Some 209 intel submitted today as of 1330hrs (Note: The IMT/SITL may be having issues updating the 209 at 0600 & 1800 or have other criteria as to why they are sometimes submitted outside of the “usual” deadlines, I’m not there but could be for a number of reasons incase anyone is wondering):

4375 Acres @ 27% Contained
Personnel Assigned: 1534
Threat Summary 24hrs: Build contingency line from Hwy 41 through Long Valley, Star Mine, Fresno Dome, Grizzly Pass to Sky Ranch Rd.
Resource Needs: 4 COMTs; 4 RADOs; 6 FOBS; NIFC Repeater System; Continued aviation support

10 Likes

Scheduled System outage during deadline hours.

4 Likes

The one thing I see on the critical resource needs (been on the list for days) that I find troubling is the NIFC Repeater System. We are only at PL3 and you can’t get critical communications equipment? I have seen this in the past, but we were at PL5 and many more fires nationally.
What’s going on in Boise? This is not a good sign. No communications, no engagement from a safety standpoint.

11 Likes

Will have an update pretty soon, firis Intel is mapping the fire.

2 Likes