South Ops Weather - 2024

Thank you sir!
Your knowledge is vast only surpassed by your humility in sharing that knowledge. Your explanation are easy to understand, make sense , and to the point.

It is much appreciated!

12 Likes

Just curious are you a self taught “weatherogist” or did you get your degree in meteorology? Your skills are 2nd to none and what is scary I actually understand a lot of what your saying. Always looking forward to your comments… And like Ehoss said, “It is much appreciated” !!

9 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. I am self taught, in reality I grew up reading NWS scientific forecast discussions and watching the weather channel since I was 5 years old so
I would credit them as my teachers. I think that a lot of my interest in weather and all the other things, it’s my natal chart… so we can give credit to whatever creature decided that for me. I have not gone down the 100k $ degree route yet. I have been under the philosophy right now of just ‘wait it out’ because lots of things are going to occur during the next few years, so it is better for me to just wait for the reset to finish and survive it. Next step is getting out of my comfort zone and doing videos. I don’t want to make this about me, but I have always intended to help people vs make money off of people doing this.

26 Likes

Ditto to the gratitude for you Anvil! Now if we can just get you to work in California to contribute to daily forecasting for our area??? Hehe

5 Likes

Hard YES on following more content from you if/when it happens. p.s. try to stay out from behind a paywall if you can help it… \m/

8 Likes

ImpactMap.pdf (251.5 KB)

I haven’t seen this anywhere else. Has anyone seen or heard anything about the potential?

3 Likes

California Weather Watch talks about it in his briefing this morning.

4 Likes

SoCalWeather.net has been posting about this yesterday. On X @SoCalWeathernet

4 Likes

Also south ops mentions the possibility of isolated thunderstorms in their morning brief, with today likely being the high day.

6 Likes

Also follow Jason D Farhang on X. He has had this in his sights for almost a week. He is MET in LA area Scroll through the numerous post from this week laying this all out.

@jason61987

5 Likes

7 Likes
3 Likes

A significant increase in winds is likely from Friday through Monday. This could include a substantial northerly wind event over the Central Valley and interior Central Coast, with sundowner winds over southern Santa Barbara County. Southwest to northwest winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph will also surface across the inland mountain ridges and desert passes during this wind event.

National 7-Day Significant Fire Potential

3 Likes

It is a bit interesting to me that NWS is calling for fire weather in parts of the region plus the GACC weather and fuels/fire potential both have wind bolded in the discussion but “central coast interior” is still being listed as moderate risk.

Guessing it’s because the 10-hour and 100-hour fuels are still too moist to burn/ contribute to significant fire. Even though most of the PSA is grassland.

4 Likes

Mostly a coastal wind situation:

5 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

Looks like the heat could be in charge next weekend!

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes