CA-BTU-Dixie?

about an hour ago in Janesville

10 Likes

Per scanner traffic - Fire has crossed Hwy 395 @ Hicks Rd.

Power lines are being de-energized in and around Janesville.

3 Likes

Word about an hour and a half ago fire 6 miles from Susanville and Pyro clouds visible through the smoke.

3 Likes

Some adjustments to the “West Zone” and “East Zone” fire management boundaries announced this evening.

https://www.facebook.com/1691053097787531/posts/3661152120777609/

2 Likes

Not a new fire. Several spots from the Dixie.

1 Like

Going off the official statement from the east zone evening update the fire that was south of Thompson peak just outside of Janesville was a new fire.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Lightning hold-over perhaps like the “new start” on Morgan summit…

3 Likes

Quite a bit different fuel types and population density

1 Like

From what remote sensing looks like and the pics on social media the spots that occurred late afternoon yesterday on 28N12 Road near Clarks Creek got up and burned all the way into the Hicks Group down to Vista/Cartwright roads.

5 Likes

AA06 is the long-time Chester Air Attack - they transferred to Stead back on July 17th due to the low visibility in Chester (they left to work a fire up by Alturas, and were unable to return when the smoke blew in). The SEATs that were working I recognize from elsewhere, the Chester SEATs this year were T801 & T851.

7 Likes

Seems to me that everything on the south side of the fire, Hwy 36 by Mill Creek, Hwy 36 by Westwood/Almanor and the Beardsley Grade Rd. NEED to be fired today and tonight lest all hell break loose when the wind shifts 180 degrees…

7 Likes

I have made some changes to the scanner feeds. A new feed has been created. This one will broadcast normal CalFire, BLM & USFS Dispatch and Tac channels.

The other feed that has been up is dedicated to and will only broadcast Dixie Fire freqs. I am working with Broadcastify to get this feed renamed (Lassen County Fire - Special).

Dixie Fire traffic: Lassen County Fire & EMS

Lassen County Fire & EMS Dispatch (new feed): Lassen County Fire & EMS Dispatch

16 Likes

They have done a significant amount of firing in that area when the conditions are right

3 Likes

I’ve heard the fire above L-1 was a NPS backfire, set with the intent of protecting structures at the Park entrance. Is that correct ? Was that act part of the Action Plan ?

3 Likes

It looks like that’s what happened on the IR.

2 Likes

Confirmed.

4 Likes

As per the 1930 public meeting. There is a spot of about 50 acres near Kessler Peak south of the Beardsley Grade Rd. Tomorrow an additional structure prep Group will assist in the Genesee Valley area…

6 Likes

the IR shows it looking like a bit more than 50 acres

1 Like

Link please?

1 Like