CA-MEU-Mendocino Complex???

Fed IMT is at the Rodeo Grounds in Stonyford for the Ranch Fire portion.
I heard Cal Fire has plans to set up in Colusa, but I can’t confirm that.
There’s still a camp in Ukiah as well.

Colusa County portion of this evacuation notice applies to Stonyford.

Thank You!

1 Like

Last night’s IR map showing 2018 Pawnee Fire footprint in blue.
White line is 24 hr growth as of 11:30 pm last night.

4 Likes

This should be mandatory viewing for everyone who lives in this environment to help them understand why we say what we say about defensible space.

12 Likes

Totally agree!

That’s a great way to describe this media post. If you’ve never experienced this sort of fire environment this is a great introduction

What was the PIO doing out there? Someone should’ve been watching him, keeping him safe!

Not an PIO - member of the free press and experienced photographer…

EPN 564 Todd (Suds) is a retired firefighter with years of experience

4 Likes

He (EPN564) seems to have had a partner with him, watching his back whole time. You can see him in the video at several points.

What a great video! Anyone know where CZU Engine 1795 is stationed normally?

2 Likes

Reserve engine

2 Likes

Lets look at the bigger picture when spots out number resources time to back off. It was borderline area ignition. Stay safe!

10 Likes

Agreed,

Seems the tactical awareness was lost within the situational awareness. The STEN or DIVS should have known better and made the call.
My other concern was the hand crew just standing there watching the spot fires increase around them and folks not moving with a purpose.

Be Safe and Pace, we are not half way through the season yet.

4 Likes

A bit earlier in the video, you could see/hear the crew working at the RV/barn - them standing around un the twotrack war the first stage of retreat :wink: - watch Matthew Hendersons (onfirephoto) coverage on Facebook, he had a better point of view. Think, the focus was the structures in the treeline.

2 Likes

Has anybody posted the IAP for today?

And as a retired but long-time FOBS, this appeared to be a situation where things were beginning to evolve into a rapidly deteriorating condition, and I hope that folks aren’t just getting laissefaire about these fires… we’ve lost enough folks for one fire season. Keep your heads on a swivel, and keep observing the watch-outs and LACES.

8 Likes

Does this mean it will be zoned

Possibly. They may zone it FRA/SRA.

1 Like

I think that would great if they did but based off recent fires (for example the Thomas and Ferguson) their seems to be resistance in doing that. We all are working together to put these fires out but there is truly a big difference in way CAL Fire and Feds run incidents and they don’t blend together. Sorry if this off topic.

3 Likes