CA-YNP-Washburn?

YNP - El Portal

3 Likes

Thank guys!

1 Like

Any pending orders for ST and such that anyone can see?

1 Like

Last order I seen was for a cal fire MMU

2 Likes

I just wanted to let you guys know that I run an amazing FB group and admin team called Mountain Fire and Emergency. Come join us if you’re a FB person. We post everything we can related to local fires including scanner traffic. ALso our members post incredible photos.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MFandE/permalink/2355343517931137/?fs=e&s=cl

I’m also a journalist for Sierra News Online and have been updating regularly there as well.

This is just for info purposes and I absolutely love wildfire Intel and am honored to be a part of it. Ya’ll are amazing!!!

13 Likes

For some reason Gabbert has a headline saying that ‘hundreds of acres’ of the grove has burned. What’s it actually at?

1 Like

703 total acres this mornin… Looks like maybe a tiny bit of the fire has entered the Grove boundary

4 Likes

He was click bating.

3 Likes

Here you go

https://ftp.wildfire.gov/public/incident_specific_data/calif_s/!2022%20Incidents/CA-YNP-000038_Washburn/

2 Likes

1 Pending Charlie. Looks to be a FRA mission & Request as there is no SRA or CFAA language in the notes.

5 Likes

Last night’s IR. Grove in yellow.

7 Likes

Significant

Updates: Hand-off soon AA->Helco. Retardant lines not likely effective - copters & ground crews for now. IR flight on order. Prepping 41 & Mariposa Grove Road & likely do a firing operation. Hoping to get dozers in.
This is about protecting Wawona. #WashburnFire

7 Likes

main fire is 1120 acres spot on the north is 25 acres

Getting ready to bump Hwy 41

5 Likes

MMU just toned out a dozer for the washburn

9 Likes

Just one? Dang. I understand the ground and trees are beautiful and don’t need the damage of dozer line. But we should be pre positioning and making some contingency line.

4 Likes

more then one dozer on this thing this was an additional MMU dozers came back to MMU yesterday

3 Likes

I dont know if yosemites dozer is committed but stanislaus dozer 51 is also on scene

5 Likes

I’m sure the Electra will be demobing a lot to this shortly.

3 Likes

Depends, has the incident gone to CFAA yet? As of an hour or two ago one our guys was demobed from the Electra to this incident but his orders had to go back to get CFAA approval.

5 Likes

Lots of strike teams leaving Electra today headed home. No reassign.

3 Likes